All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings one of the most colorful and influential theories in algebra to life for professional algebraists and students alike. The Second Edition features new exercises and an updated bibliography. A new discussion provides a different method for computing the Galois group of a quartic polynomial.
- Author BiographyDAVID A. COX, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Amherst College. He has published extensively in his areas of research interest, which include algebraic geometry, number theory, and the history of mathematics. Dr. Cox is consulting editor for Wiley's Pure and Applied Mathematics book series and the author of Primes of the Form x2 + ny2 (Wiley).
- Author(s)David A. Cox
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1022 g
- Width169 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £15.50Trending at £15.73
- £15.90Trending at £18.02
- £11.71Trending at £12.48
- £8.70Trending at £14.88
- £4.75Trending at £4.99
- £9.10Trending at £9.16
- £5.62Trending at £6.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.