All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDeborah K. Phillips,Vicki A. Wilson
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Deborah K. Phillips: Gender Differences in Recreational Gambling: A Review of the Literature - Michael H. Eaves: Gender and Reality TV: An Examination of the Poker Phenomenon - Sandra K. Halvorson: Reading the Poker Face: Advice from the Experts - Charles F. Beadle, Jr.: Gender-Swapping in Online Gaming Situations - Jason Grant McKahan: Preying on the Weak: Gendered Discourses of U.S. Online Gambling Regulation - Vicki A. Wilson: Bunco: The Quintessential Ladies' Night Out - Vicki A. Wilson: Gambling Girlfriends - Deborah K. Phillips: Superstitious Behavior Rituals of Male and Female Gamblers in Slot Machine and Lottery Play: A Descriptive Analysis - Vicki A. Wilson/Deborah K. Phillips: Gender Differences in Selection of Low-Denomination Video Slot Machines - Deborah K. Phillips: Gender Differences in the Casino and Non-Casino Gambling Behavior and Preferences of College Students.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Deborah K. Phillips is Associate Professor in Communication at Muskingum College. She has a B.S. in business from the University of West Alabama, an M.A. in communication from the University of Wyoming, and a Ph.D. in communication from Florida State University. She is currently Gender and Media Studies Planner for the Popular Culture Association. Her research interests include popular culture, gender studies, and Canadian and U.S. television studies. Vicki A. Wilson is an educational consultant serving as an accreditation mentor for the Ohio Department of Education. Recent appointments include Professor of Education and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs for Teacher Education at Muskingum College and Chair of the Education Department at Wilmington College in Ohio. A graduate of the University of Dayton, she holds an M.B.A. in business-government relations from American University and a Ph.D. in educational leadership from the University of Southern Mississippi. She is founding co-editor of the Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, the e-Journal for Student Teachers and New Teachers, and co-author of Building on Student Diversity: Profiles and Activities. Her interests include educational research and gifted education.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £4.68Trending at £4.84
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.