All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre conservation and protecting animals the same thing? This title takes a fresh look at this question as it applies to Africa's megafauna. It assesses the rising influence of the animal rights movement and finds that the policies championed by animal welfare groups could lead paradoxically to the elimination of the very species.
- Author BiographyGlen Martin is the author of National Geographic's Guide to Wildlife Watching: 100 of the Best Places in America to See Animals in their Natural Habitat and coauthor (with Jay Stuller) of Through the Grapevine: The Real Story Behind America's $8 Billion Wine Industry.
- Author(s)Glen Martin
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note14 b/w photographs, 3 maps
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.