All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extraordinary debut collection by a young Irish poet living in New Zealand marries poetry to the languages of science.
- Author BiographyCaoilinn Hughes was born in Galway, Ireland in 1985. With BA and MA degrees from the Queen's University of Belfast, she moved to New Zealand. After some years working for Google, running a small business, and writing novels on the weekends, she enrolled in a Ph.D. at Victoria University of Wellington. A selection of poems from her first book, Gathering Evidence (forthcoming in 2014) won the 2012 Patrick Kavanagh Award, and poems from the collection also won the 2013 Cuirt New Writing Prize, the 2012 STA Travel Writing Prize and the 2013 Trocaire / Poetry Ireland Competition.
- PrizesShortlisted for Royal Society of New Zealand Science Book Prize 2015 and New Zealand Post Book Awards: Poetry 2014.
- Author(s)Caoilinn Hughes
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.