All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to engage students in critical, mass media scholarship, this book includes issues of power that is related to gender, race, and class are integrated into a range of articles examining the economic and cultural implications of mass media as institutions, including the political economy of media production, and media consumption.
- Author BiographyGail Dines is a professor of sociology and women's studies at Wheelock College in Boston, where she is also chair of the American studies department. She has been researching and writing about the pornography industry for over twenty years. She has written numerous articles on pornography, media images of women, and representations of race in pop culture. Her latest book is PORNLAND: How Pornography has Hijacked our Sexuality. She is a cofounder of the activist group Stop Porn Culture! Jean M. Humez is a professor emerita of women's studies at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, where she has taught courses in both women's studies and American studies and chaired the women's studies department. She designed and taught an undergraduate women and the media course early in her career, and came to collaborate with Gail Dines through her interest in media text analysis. She has also published books and articles on African American women's spiritual and secular autobiographies, and on women and gender in Shaker religion. Her most recent book is Harriet Tubman: The Life and the Life Stories.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight1134 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGail Dines,Jean M. Humez
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.87Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.