All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise overview explores the construction of gender in many cultures around the world at different times, encouraging readers to appreciate the connections between gender and other structures such as the family, the economy, law and religion. Each chapter is arranged chronologically.
- Author BiographyMerry Wiesner-Hanks is Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Her previous publications include Women and Gender in Early Modern Europe (1993), Discovering the Global Past: A Look at the Evidence (1997) and Christianity and Sexuality in the Early Modern World: Regulating Desire, Reforming Practice (2000). She is co-editor of the Sixteenth Century Journal.
- Author(s)Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2001
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on the Past
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Out-of-print date29/06/2010
- Content Note0
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.