All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Julia Wood,Natalie Fixmer-Oraiz
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: CONCEPTUAL FOUNDATIONS. 1. The Study of Communication, Gender, and Culture. 2. Theoretical Approaches to Gender Development. 3. The Rhetorical Shaping of Gender: Competing Images of Women. 4. The Rhetorical Shaping of Gender: Competing Images of Men. 5. Gendered Verbal Communication. 6. Gendered Nonverbal Communication. Part II: GENDERED COMMUNICATION IN PRACTICE. 7. Becoming Gendered. 8. Gendered Education: Communication in Schools. 9. Gendered Close Relationships. 10. Gendered Organizational Communication. 11. Gendered Media. 12. Gendered Power and Violence.
- Author BiographyJulia Wood joined the faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill when she was 24. During her 37 years on the faculty, she taught classes and conducted research on personal relationships as well as gender, communication, and culture. She was named the Lineberger Distinguished Professor of Humanities and the Caroline H. and Thomas S. Royster Distinguished Professor of Graduate Education. In addition to publishing 25 books and 100 articles and book chapters, she has presented more than 100 papers at professional conferences and campuses around the country. Her accolades include 14 awards honoring her teaching and 16 awards recognizing her scholarship. She received her B.A. from North Carolina State University, her M.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and her Ph.D. from The Pennsylvania State University.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.20Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.