Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers bacterial genetics and realizes the contribution of these tiny organisms to the growth of biological sciences as a whole and genetics in particular. Offers exhaustive coverage of bacterial genetics, with figures and tables where appropriate.
- Author BiographySheela Srivastava is currently Professor of Genetics at University of Delhi, South Campus, India, where she has been on the faculty since 1984. With her initial training in Botany with specialization in Genetics at Master's level, she achieved her Ph.D. in biochemical genetics of the fungus, Aspergillus nidulans. The post-doctoral stint in bacterial molecular genetics led to her scientific interest focusing on bacteria. Her major area of research is in genetics of metal-microbe interaction, plant growth promoting characteristics of rhizospheric bacteria, peptide antibiotic production by lactic acid bacteria, and metagenomics. Being associated with the Department of Genetics since its inception, she has served as Head of the Department, Dean, Faculty of Interdisciplinary and Applied Sciences, Chairman, Board of Research Studies, and Chairman, Committee of Courses. She has co-authored two books: Understanding Bacteria (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003) and Introduction to Bacteria (Vikas Publishing House, 1983) besides co-editing a few volumes. She is currently teaching courses on introductory prokaryotic genetics and advanced course on bacterial and bacteriophage genetics to post-graduate, M.Phil, and Ph.D. students. Her tag line is: the most challenging job of a teacher in this field is how to make young students learn genetics .
- Author(s)Sheela Srivastava
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight599 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.