All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible overview of rate models and fundamental kinetic theory, with real-world application examples, for graduate students and professional geochemists.
- Author BiographyJ. Donald Rimstidt is a Professor Emeritus of Geochemistry at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech). During his 30-year career there he has taught several graduate courses, including Aqueous Geochemistry, Environmental Geochemistry, Geochemical Kinetics, and Geochemical Thermodynamics. The effective pedagogic methods from those courses, for building quantitative skills and instructing modelling techniques, underlie this book. Professor Rimstidt is the author or co-author of more than 100 papers, including his seminal article 'Kinetics of Silica-Water Reactions' (with Hu Barnes, 1980) which forms the basis of the quasi-thermodynamic presentation of transition state theory presented in this book.
- Author(s)J. Donald Rimstidt
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note65 b/w illus. 14 tables
- Weight720 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.