All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first fully self-contained introduction to geometric algebra by two leading experts in the field.
- Author BiographyChris Doran obtained his PhD from the University of Cambridge, having gained a distinction in Part II of his undergraduate degree. He was elected a Junior Research Fellow of Churchill College, Cambridge in 1993, was made a Lloyd's of London Fellow in 1996 and was the Schlumberger Interdisciplinary Research Fellow of Darwin College, Cambridge in 1997 and 2000. He is currently a Fellow of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge and holds an EPSRC Advanced Fellowship. Dr Doran has published widely on aspects of mathematical physics and is currently researching applications of geometric algebra in engineering and computer science. Anthony Lasenby is Professor of Astrophysics and Cosmology at the University of Cambridge, and is currently Head of the Astrophysics Group and the Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory in the Cavendish Laboratory. He began his astronomical career with a PhD at Jodrell Bank, specialising in the Cosmic Microwave Background, which has been a major subject of his research ever since. After a brief period at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in America, he moved from Manchester to Cambridge in 1984, and has been at the Cavendish since then. He is the author or coauthor of nearly 200 papers spanning a wide range of fields, from early universe cosmology to computer vision. His introduction to geometric algebra came in 1988, when he encountered the work of David Hestenes for the first time, and since then he has been developing geometric algebra techniques and employing them in his research in many areas.
- Author(s)Anthony Lasenby,Chris Doran
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note82 b/w illus. 135 exercises
- Weight930 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.20Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.