All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.76Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionActive during a complex period in France's intellectual history, Giacometti took on a number of different artistic styles in his work, and forged a remarkable set of affiliations with the writers and thinkers around him. This book focuses on important aspects of Giacometti's work and its reception.
- Author BiographyPeter Read is a specialist on modern French literature and the visual arts. His many publications include books on the works of Apollinaire and Picasso and essays on Rodin, Surrealism and 20th-century French poetry. He is currently Professor of French at the University of Kent. Julia Kelly has published and lectured on a varied range of artists and subjects, from Picasso and Giacometti to surrealism and the relationship between art and ethnography. She was a lecturer and co-ordinator for the AHRC Research Centre for Studies of Surrealism and its Legacies at the University of Manchester, where she is now an Honorary Research Fellow.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2009
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleSubject/Object: New Studies in Sculpture
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 72 b&w illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJulia Kelly,Peter Read
- Series Edited byDr. Penelope Curtis,Ms. Lisa Le Feuvre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.