All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of cartoons that cover various subjects such as family life, transport, the Law and holidays.
- Author BiographyCarl Giles was born in Islington, north London, on 29 September 1916. Leaving school aged fourteen, his early training was in animation, eventually moving into cartoons working for Reynolds News. In 1943 Giles moved to the Sunday Express and Daily Express, eventually replacing Strube and becoming the Daily Express War Correspondent Cartoonist with the 2nd Army in 1945. Best known for his Express family , his cartoons had enormous popular appeal and in 1959 he was awarded the OBE. Giles left the Daily Express in 1989 but continued working for the Sunday Express until 1991. He died in hospital in Ipswich on 27 August 1995.
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/09/2009
- GenreCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date26/05/2010
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width281 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £13.58Trending at £26.39
- £9.54Trending at £10.53
- £5.39Trending at £7.99
- £5.69Trending at £5.94
- £6.90Trending at £7.34
- £7.53Trending at £14.33
- £4.66Trending at £5.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.