Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.86Trending at £16.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.50Trending at £7.19
- £6.10Trending at £6.25
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionUncertainties of information on the problems of global climatology are a principal barrier to understanding the anthropogenic effects on global ecodynamics. The purpose of this book is to summarize existing information and to assess the uncertainties.
- Author BiographyArthur J. Cracknell: In the mid 1970s Prof. Cracknell started to become involved in remote sensing (Earth Observation) work, a field that was then in its infancy. The idea that led him to start remote sensing work in the former Physics Department at Dundee University was to provide a link between the generators of satellite data and the environmental scientists and engineers who would like to use the data. This work on the processing and interpretation of remote sensing data developed by Prof. Cracknell expanded enormously over a period of about 25 years and led to the publication by him and his co-authors of over 200 research papers and about 20 or so books on the subject. The books range from an introductory textbook on the subject, which is about to go into its second edition, to monographs and edited conference and summer school proceedings. Prof. Vladimir F. Krapivin published numerous papers and a number of books relevant to environmental and global changes studies. Among the latter are: Ecoinformatics Methods (with I.I. Potapov), 2002, Moscow (in Russian). Modelling the Global Carbon Cycle (with K.Ya. Kondratyev), 2004, Moscow (in Russian). Global Change of the Environment: Ecoinformatics (with K.Ya. Kondratyev), St. Petersburg (in Russian). Perspectives of Civilization Development: Multidimensional Analysis (with K.Ya. Kondratyev and V.P. Savinikh), 2003, Moscow (in Russian). Global Environmental Change: Modelling and Monitoring (with K.Ya. Kondratyev and G.W. Phillips), Springer, 2002, Germany; Global Carbon Cycle and Climate Change (with K.Ya. Kondratyev and C.A. Varotsos), Springer/Praxis, 2003, U.K.; Global Ecodynamics: a Multidimensional Analysis (with K.Ya. Kondratyev, V.P. Savinikh, and C.A. Varotsos), 2004, Springer/Praxis, U.K. Natural Disasters as Interactive Components of Global Ecodynamics (with K.Ya. Kondratyev and C.A. Varotsos); Atmospheric Aerosol Properties: Formation, Processes and Impacts (with K.Ya. Kondratyev, L.S. Ivlev and C.A. Varotsos).
- Author(s)Arthur P. Cracknell,Costas Varotsos,Vladimir F. Krapivin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer-Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1118 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.