All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigates the changing meanings of the concept and the contemporary diasporic condition, including case studies of Jewish, Armenian, African, Chinese, British, Indian, Lebanese and Caribbean people. The title outlines a fresh perspectives for the study of diasporas. It also features illustrations, guided readings, and suggested essay questions.
- Author BiographyRobin Cohen is Professorial Fellow at Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford. He taught for many years at Warwick and has also held appointments at the Universities of Ibadan, the West Indies and Cape Town. His other books include The New Helots (2003), The Cambridge Survey of World Migration (edited, 1995), Frontiers of Identity (1994), Migration and its Enemies (2006) and Global Sociology, with Paul Kennedy (rev. 2007).
- Author(s)Nicholas Van Hear,Robin Cohen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobal Diasporas
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.