All listings for this product
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.95
- £25.74Trending at £26.99
- £27.15Trending at £29.55
- £10.26Trending at £11.20
- £10.82Trending at £12.23
- £13.69Trending at £14.53
- £16.34Trending at £17.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines public policy in physical education and sport and provides insights into practices of school curriculum and after-school sport programs from a global context. The authors reflect on the continuously shifting understanding of the field of physical education and suggest a new direction for the profession.
- Author BiographyJepkorir Rose Chepyator-Thomson is a professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of Georgia. Her teaching and research interests include public policy, global diversity in sport, and gender, race, and ethnicity in physical education. She is the author of sixty publications including one book, African Women and Globalization, and several chapters and research articles. She has appeared on 20/20 and NPR. Shan-Hui Hsu is associate professor in the Office of Physical Education at National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan. Her teaching and research interests include gender studies in sport, popular culture in media technology, and physical education and sport pedagogy. She is the author of Identity, Difference and Voicing: Pedagogical Praxis in Gender Studies (2009), Sociology of Sport (2012), and seven research articles.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 12 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJepkorir Rose Chepyator-Thomson,Shan-Hui Hsu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.