All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChris Rowley,Malcolm Warner
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction: Big Business in Asia. Chris Rowley and Malcolm Warner. 2. Asian Network firms: An Analytical Framework. Peter J. Buckley. 3. The Conditional Relevance of Corporate Governance Advice in the Context of Asian Business Systems. Gordon Redding. 4. Business Goals and Corporate Governance. Geert Hofstede. 5. Big Business in South Korea: The Reconfiguration Process. Chris Rowley and Johngseok Bae. 6. 'Late Development' Experience and the Evolution of Transnational Firms in the People's Republic of China. Malcolm Warner, NG Sek Hong and Xu Xiaojun. 7. Internal Corporate Governance Discipline and the HRM System in Large Japanese Companies. Philippe Debroux. 8. From a 'Barren Rock' to the Financial Hub of East Asia: Hong Kong's Economic Transformation in the Coordinating Perspective. Fu-Lai Tony Yu. 9. Equity-for-Debt Swaps in Chinese Big Business: A Case Study of Restructuring in One Large State-Owned Enterprise. Russell Smyth, Junli Wang and Xin Deng. 10. The Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis on Human Resource Management in Malaysia. Wendy Smith and Asma Abdullah. 11. Globalization Strategies of South Korean Electronics Companies after the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis. Seung-Ho Kwon, Dong-Khee Rhee and Chung-Sok Suh. 12. Business Strategy, Government and Globalization: Policy and Miscalculation in the Korean Electronics Industry. Robert Fitzgerald and Young Chan Kim. 13. Dynamic Capabilities of Japanese and Korean Enterprises and the 'Flying Geese' of International Competitiveness. Pradeep Kanta Ray, Masahiro Ida, Chung-Sok Suh and Shams Rhaman. 14. Conclusion: Big Business in Asia: Coverage, Themes and Prospects. Chris Rowley and Malcolm Warner.
- Author BiographyChris Rowley is a Professor at the Cass Business School at City University, London, and is Editor of the journal Asia Pacific Business Review. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of Personnel Review. He has consultancy experience with unions, business enterprises and government departments and is a respected author. Malcolm Warner is at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.