All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Henry John MacCloskey
- Date of Publication01/01/1974
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight231 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Table Of ContentsI. The Problem Stated: The Need for a Solution.- On the Need for Solutions to the Problem of Evil.- II. Evils: Past, Present and Future.- III. Ethical Presuppositions of the Problem of Evil.- The Theistic Theory.- Subjectivist, Non-Cognitivist Theories.- Other Attitude Theories.- The Privation Account of Evil.- Assessing the Privation Theory.- Evil as Unreal.- Conclusion.- IV. The Nature and Attributes of God.- God's Attributes as Literally Ascribed.- Non-Literal Accounts of God's Attributes.- God as a Person: His Personal Traits.- V. God as Finite and Imperfect: Worshipworthiness.- God as Finite in Power.- An Omnipotent God Who is Morally Imperfect.- A God Imperfect Both in Power and Goodness.- The Worshipworthiness of an Omnipotent, Omniscient, Good God.- VI. Must a World Created by an All-Perfect Being be Wholly free of Evil?.- VII. The Best of all Possible Worlds.- VIII. The World as Good Over-All.- Section A. Solutions to the Problem Posed by Physical Evil.- Section B. Moral Evil.- Index of Proper Names.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.