All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on new research from anthropology, evolutionary biology, experimental psychology, and neuroscience, Dominic Johnson presents a new theory of supernatural punishment that offers fresh insight on the origins and evolution of not only religion, but human cooperation and society.
- Author BiographyDominic Johnson received a D.Phil. from Oxford University in evolutionary biology, and a Ph.D. from Geneva University in political science. Drawing on both disciplines, he is interested in how new research on evolution, biology and human nature is challenging theories of international relations, conflict, and cooperation. He is the author of Overconfidence and War: The Havoc and Glory of Positive Illusions (2004) and Failing to Win: Perceptions of Victory and Defeat in International Politics (2006), with Dominic Tierney.
- Author(s)Dominic Johnson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note7 b/w illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.35
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £17.94Trending at £18.57
- £7.43Trending at £8.59
- £14.54Trending at £15.43
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.