All listings for this product
Best selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £24.18Trending at £26.74
- £6.77Trending at £8.09
- £27.74Trending at £28.84
- £8.50Trending at £9.93
- £22.58Trending at £28.15
- £9.86Trending at £10.82
- £7.09Trending at £10.09
About this product
- DescriptionTakes an organic approach to grammar. By following a natural progression from foundational skills, such as parts of speech, to more complex skills, such as phases and sentence types, this book helps students build the grammar skills that they need to be clear and effective writers.
- Author BiographyLawrence (Larry Barkley) has been teaching for nearly 32 years at both public and private colleges and universities. For the last 23 years he has taught various levels of English at MSJC. His publications have appeared in Fine Gardening, The Carousel News & Trader, Gissing Newsletter, Chaucer Review, inside english, and TETYC. He has presented at the League for Innovation in Community Colleges' Conference on Information Technology, the ECCTYC Statewide Conference, NISOD, International Wizard of Oz Club Conference, and Cengage Learning's TeamUP Developmental Education Conference. He co-authored, with Rise Axelrod and Charles Cooper, the 4th and 5th editions of Sticks and Stones and Other Student Essays. With his co-author, Christine Sandoval, he has written Grammar and Usage, Naturally. For relaxation he studies and practices Qigong and plays tai chi. Christine Sandoval, an Associate Professor of English, has been teaching at Riverside City College in California for sixteen years. She has taught creative writing and literary magazine production, various literature courses, and college level composition, but her true passion is developmental English. During her tenure at RCC, she has been actively involved in creating the learning communities program CAP (Community for Academic Progress), as well as a supplemental instructional leader program. Her most recent project, Completion Counts, involves working collaboratively with high school English teachers to better prepare students for college level reading and writing. Along with her co-writer Lawrence Barkley, she has written GRAMMAR AND USAGE, NATURALLY, a developmental English textbook that will be published by Cengage Learning in 2014.
- Author(s)Christine Sandoval,Larry Barkley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.