All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique graduate textbook that develops powerful approximation methods and their applications to real-life astrophysical systems.
- Author BiographyEric Poisson is Professor of Physics at the University of Guelph. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and serves on the editorial boards of Physical Review Letters and Classical and Quantum Gravity. Clifford M. Will is Distinguished Professor of Physics at the University of Florida and J. S. McDonnell Professor Emeritus at Washington University in St Louis. He is a member of the US National Academy of Sciences, and Editor-in-Chief of Classical and Quantum Gravity. He is well known for his ability to bring science to broad audiences.
- PrizesShortlisted for PROSE Awards: Textbook - Physical Sciences & Mathematics 2015.
- Author(s)Clifford M. Will,Eric Poisson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 141 exercises
- Weight1880 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.13Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.