All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe negotiation of expectations in tourism is a complex and dynamic process - one that is central to the imagination of cultural difference. Expectations not only affect the lives and experiences of tourists, but also their hosts, and play an important part in the success or failure of the overall tourism experience.
- Author BiographyJonathan Skinner is Senior Lecturer in Social Anthropology at Queen's University Belfast. His research interests oscillate between tourism, risk and postcolonial performance on the British colony Montserrat in the Caribbean; and dance health and social inclusion in US and UK dance communities. He is the author of Before the Volcano: Reverberations of Identity on Montserrat (Arawak Publications 2004), and co-editor of Managing Island Life (University of Abertay Press 2006). Dimitrios Theodossopoulos is Senior Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Kent. His earlier work examined people - wildlife conflicts and indigenous perceptions of the environment. He is currently working on ethnic stereotypes, indigeneity, authenticity, and the politics of cultural representation in Panama and Southeast Europe. He is the author of Troubles with Turtles: Cultural Understandings of the Environment on a Greek Island (Berghahn 2003), and editor of When Greeks Think about Turks: The View from Anthropology (Routledge 2006) and United in Discontent: Local Responses to Cosmopolitanism and Globalization (Berghahn 2009).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Directions in Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byDimitrios Theodossopoulos,Jonathan Skinner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.