All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £2.41Trending at £3.92
- £8.66Trending at £8.82
- £12.06Trending at £12.26
- £7.27Trending at £9.98
- £7.19Trending at £9.97
- £7.33Trending at £7.74
- £7.25Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionRational persuasion and appeal to an audience's emotions are elements of most literature, but they are found in their purest form in oratory. The speeches written by the Greek Orators for delivery in law-courts, deliberative councils and assemblies enjoyed an honoured literary status, and rightly so, for the best of them have great vitality.
- Author BiographyMichael Edwards is Senior Lecturer at The University of London Queen Mary and Westfield College and author of Greek Orators volume IVin this series.Stephen Usher was Senior Lecturer in Classics at Royal Holloway and Bedford New College of the University of London and has written extensively on oratory and is also the author of The Historians of Greece and Rome and Dionysius of Halicarnassus Critical Essays. He is also the author of Greek Orators volume III and V in this series.
- Author(s)M. Edwards,Stephen Usher
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1985
- Language(s)English & Greek, Modern (1453-)
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Classical Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Weight399 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.