All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurveys the places, performers, and techniques of necromancy as well as the reasons for turning to it. This book investigates the cave-based sites of oracles of the dead at Heracleia Pontica and Tainaron, as well as the oracles at the Acheron and Avernus, which probably consisted of lakeside precincts.
- Author BiographyDaniel Ogden is Reader in Ancient History at the University of Exeter. He is the author of Magic, Witchcraft, and Ghosts in the Greek and Roman Worlds; Greek Bastardy in the Classical and Hellenistic Periods; The Crooked Kings of Ancient Greece; Aristomenes of Messene; and Polygamy, Prostitutes and Death . He is editor of The Hellenistic World New Perspectives.
- Author(s)Daniel Ogden
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2004
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note13 halftones. 3 line illus.
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £35.14
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.84
- £4.99Trending at £6.18
- £18.99Trending at £34.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.