All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA native of Beaufort, South Carolina, Robert Smalls was born into slavery but became the first African American hero of the Civil War and one of the most influential African American politicians in South Carolina history. This biography traces the triumphs and setbacks of this celebrated US congressman.
- Author BiographyEdward A. Miller, Jr., taught military, modern Far East, and American history at the Air Force Academy, directed a Washington policy study organization, and held political appointments on Capitol Hill and at the Pentagon. Miller's other books include The Black Civil War Soldiers of Illinois: The Story of the Twenty-ninth U.S. Colored Infantry and Lincoln's Abolitionist General: The Biography of David Hunter.
- Author(s)Edward A. Miller
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £6.17Trending at £7.34
- £4.68Trending at £4.84
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.