All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn anthology bringing together the major English and French nineteenth-century writings on the arts and pleasures of the table for students of cultural studies. This book examines the theories of ettiquette and food connoisseruship, and how it became the foundation for modern food culture with gourmet magazines, reviews and televized cuisine.
- Author BiographyDenise Gigante is Assistant Professor in the Department of English at Stanford. She is the author of Taste: A Literary History.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDenise Gigante
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in Food & Drink
Save on Food & Drink
- £9.65Trending at £10.22
- £1.20Trending at £2.16
- £3.21Trending at £3.61
- £6.74Trending at £7.24
- £3.24Trending at £3.61
- £7.99Trending at £8.60
- £8.45Trending at £10.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.