All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a contribution to the understanding of Habermas' oeuvre as it applies to education. This book examines Habermas' contribution to pedagogy, learning and classroom interaction; the relation between education, civil society and the state; forms of democracy, reason and critical thinking; and performativity, audit cultures and accountability.
- Author BiographyMark Murphy is a Senior Lecturer in Education and Programme Leader for Education Studies in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services, University of Chester. Previously he worked as a Lecturer and Programme Director of a Teacher Training Programme at the University of Stirling. Prior to that, Dr. Murphy worked at University College Dublin and the National University of Ireland Maynooth. He has published widely, with numerous articles in journals such as the Journal of Education Policy, Journal of European Public Policy, European Journal of Education and the International Journal of Lifelong Education. His current research interests include educational sociology, critical theory, accountability in higher education, and public sector reform. Ted Fleming is Senior Lecturer at the Department of Adult and Community Education at the National University of Ireland Maynooth, having previously been an Adult Education Organiser in County Louth Ireland. He is Director of the Centre for Research in Adult Learning and Education and coordinates the postgraduate research degrees in adult education at NUIM. His research interests include transformation theory, critical theory, mature students, access and higher education. Current research projects include an EU longitudinal study of dropout and retention issues for adult students in university, and a government sponsored study of the post-degree work experiences of mature students.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies in the Philosophy of Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 22
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMark Murphy,Ted Fleming
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.