All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing many of the controversial questions on diagnosis and treatment facing clinicians who deal with ASD, this book explores a wealth of much-debated topics including the very latest evidence-based research on early intensive behavioral intervention.
- Author BiographyJonathan Tarbox, Ph.D., BCBA-D, is currently the Director of Research and Development at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders and the Executive Director of Autism Research Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to conducting research that makes a real difference in the lives of families living with autism. Dr. Tarbox'early career involved positions at both the New England Center for Children and the Kennedy Krieger Institute. Dr. Tarbox is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral, and he received his PhD in Behavior Analysis from the University of Nevada, Reno, under the mentorship of Dr. Linda J. Hayes. Throughout his career in behavior analysis, Dr. Tarbox has been actively engaged in basic, applied, and interdisciplinary research and has over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters in scientific texts, and articles in popular media. Dr. Tarbox currently serves on the board of editors for The Analysis of Verbal Behavior and Behavior Analysis in Practice, is a past member of the board of editors of the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis and Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, is a past member of the Governmental Affairs Committee of the Practice Board of the Association for Behavior Analysis International, , and a past President of the Nevada Association for Behavior Analysis. Dr. Tarbox' research primarily focuses on treatments for establishing complex verbal, cognitive, and social skills. Dennis R. Dixon, Ph.D., received his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Louisiana State University with a focus in developmental disabilities. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and specialized in the treatment of severe challenging behaviors. The author of over 20 peer-reviewed articles and multiple book chapters, he currently serves on the editorial board of Research in Developmental Disabilities and Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Dr. Dixon is the Chief Strategy Officer at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders. His research focuses on the integration of technology and big data to answer challenging questions related to autism spectrum disorders. Peter Sturmey, Ph.D., received his doctorate in 1985 from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. He is Professor of Psychology at Queens College and the Graduate Center, City College of New York and a visiting professor at The Department of Dentistry, University College London. He has published 20 books, approximately 200 peer reviewed articles and 50 chapters. He is an Associate Editor for Research in Developmental Disabilities and Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders and a member of approximately 12 other editorial boards. He publishes widely on developmental disabilities such as autism, clinical case formulation, staff and parent training, restrictive behavioral interventions and behavior analytic approaches to psychopathology. Johnny L .Matson, Ph.D., is Professor and Distinguished Research Master and Director of Clinical Training in the Department of Psychology at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, U.S.A. He has also previously held a professorship in psychiatry and clinical psychology at the University of Pittsburgh. He is the author of more than 750 publications, including 38 books. He also serves as Founding Editor-in-Chief of three journals; Research in Developmental Disabilities (Elsevier), Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders (Elsevier), and Review Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders (Springer).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- Language(s)English & English
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleAutism and Child Psychopathology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1448 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byDennis R. Dixon,Johnny L. Matson,Jonathan Tarbox,Peter Sturmey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.