All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential 2006 reference volume covering major methodologies and disease models in current neuroscience research.
- Author BiographyTurgutTatlisumak received his neurology training in the Helsinki University Central Hospital. He made his PhD thesis work on experimental brain ischemia and magnetic resonance imaging at the University of Massachusetts. His research field is clinical and experimental stroke and magnetic resonance imaging. He holds board certificates in neurology and health care administration in Finland. He is currently an associate professor and the Vice Chair at the Department of Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital and the director of the Experimental Magnetic Resonance Imaging Laboratory. Dr. Tatlisumak is a Fellow of the American Heart Association. He is an awarded teacher and holds a degree in teaching sciences. Marc Fisher received his medical from the SUNY at Syracuse and then trained in medicine at the University of Wisconsin and neurology at the Medical Center of Vermont. He has been at the University of Massachusetts Medical School since 1978 and currently holds the position of Professor and Vice-Chairman in the neurology department. He performs clinical activities approximately 50% of the time with a special emphasis on patients with cerebrovascular disorders and multiple sclerosis. He has directed an animal stroke research laboratory for more than 15 years that has emphasized the use of novel MRI techniques to evaluate stroke evolution and to assess therapeutic interventions in vivo. He has participated in many clinical stroke trials as a member of the steering committee. He has published extensively in both of these areas with 156 peer reviewed publications and has edited 10 textbooks. He has worked closely with the pharmaceutical industry in the development of novel stroke therapies as well as designing and implementing clinical trials for acute stroke therapies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2006
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note37 b/w illus. 23 tables
- Weight1318 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMarc Fisher,Turgut Tatlisumak
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.