All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPsychology Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1752 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byAndrew Baum,Jerome Singer,Tracey A. Revensen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsT.A. Revenson, Introduction. Part 1. Overarching Frameworks and Paradigms. H. Leventhal, S. Bodnar-Deren, J.Y. Breland, J. Hash-Converse, L.A. Phillips, E.A. Leventhal, L.D. Cameron, Modeling Health and Illness Behavior: The Approach of the Common Sense Model. J.R. Jennings, V. Egizio, How Psychophysiology Contributes to Health Psychology. A. Luegey Dougall, A. Baum, Stress, Health and Illness. M.F. Scheier, C.S. Carver, G.H. Armstrong, Behavioral Self-regulation, Health and Illness. K. Glanz, M.C. Kegler, Processes of Health Behavior Change. L.S. Aiken, M.A. Gerend, K.M. Jackson, K.W. Ranby, Subjective Risk and Health Protective Behavior: Prevention and Early Detection. Part 2. Cross-cutting Issues. D. Turk, H.D. Wilson, K.S. Swanson, Psychological and Physiological Bases of Chronic Pain. J. Smyth, J.W. Pennebaker, D. Arigo, What are the Health Effects of Disclosure? T.A. Revenson, S.J. Lepore, Coping in Social Context. M.A. Hoyt, A. Stanton, Adjustment to Chronic Illness. S.I. McClelland, Measuring Sexual Quality of Life: Ten Recommendations for Health Psychologists. J Dunbar-Jacob, E. Schlenk, M. McCall, Patient Adherence to Treatment Regimens. L.M. Martire, R. Schulz, Caregiving and Care-receiving in Later Life: Health Effects and Promising Interventions. Part 3. Risk and Protective Factors. N.E. Grunberg, S. Shafer Berger, A.K. Starosciak, Tobacco Use: Psychology, Neurobiology, and Clinical Implication. R. Wing, S. Phelan, Obesity. G. Brassington, E.B. Hekler, Z. Cohen, A.C. King, Health Enhancing Physical Activity. T.W. Smith, L.C. Gallo, S. Shivpuri, A.L. Brewer, Personality and Health: Current Issues and Emerging Perspectives. C. Park, Meaning, Spirituality, and Growth: Protective and Resilience Factors in Health and Illness. C. Dunkel Schetter, M. Lobel, Pregnancy and Birth Outcomes: A Multi-level Analysis of Prenatal Maternal Stress and Birth Weight. T. Wills, M.G. Ainette, Social Networks and Social Support. M.A. Alderfer, C.M. Stanley, Health and Illness in the Context of the Family. Part 4. Macro-level and Structural Influences on Health. V.S. Helgeson, Gender and Health: A Social Psychological Perspective. J.M. Ruiz, C.C. Prather, P. Steffen, Socioeconomic Status and Health. E. Brondolo, S. Lackey, E. Love, Race and Health: Racial Disparities in Hypertension and Links Between Racism and Health. I.H. Meyer, The Health of Sexual Minorities. I. Siegler, M.F. Elias, H.B. Bosworth, Aging and Health. Part 5. Applications of Health Psychology. J.D. Betensky, R.J. Contrada, D.C. Glass, Psychosocial Factors in Cardiovascular Disease: Emotional States, Conditions, and Attributes. S.P. Newman, S.P. Hirani, J. Stygall, T. Fteropoulli, Treatment in Cardiovascular Disease. N. Schneiderman, K. Orth-Gomer, Randomized Clinical Trials: Psychosocial-behavioral Interventions for Cardiovascular Disease. L.A. Faul, P.B. Jacobsen, Psychosocial Interventions for People with Cancer. A.L. Marsland, E.A. Bachen, S. Cohen, Stress, Immunity and Susceptibility to Upper Respiratory Infectious Disease. S. Danoff-Burg, A.H. Seawell, Psychological Processes in Rheumatic Disease. M.H. Antoni, A.W. Carrico, Psychological and Bio-behavioral Processes in HIV Disease. V. Mays, R.M. Maas, J. Ricks, S.D. Cochran, HIV and African American Women in the U.S. South: A Social Determinants Approach to Population-level HIV Prevention and Intervention Efforts.
- Author BiographyAndrew Baum was Jenkins Garrett Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) at the time of his death on November 22, 2010. Dr. Baum received multiple awards from professional organizations such as the Division of Health Psychology of APA (Early Career and Senior Investigator Awards) and the Society of Behavioral Medicine (Outstanding Service). Dr. Baum served as editor of the Journal of Applied Social Psychology and the Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research as well as associate editor of Psychological Bulletin. A past President of the APA's Division of Health Psychology, he authored more than 250 refereed journal articles, books, book chapters, and abstracts. Tracey A. Revenson is Professor of Psychology and Deputy Executive Officer at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Trained as a one of the first generation of health psychologists, she brings a social ecological perspective to research on stress and coping processes among individuals, couples, and families facing chronic physical illnesses. She is the author or editor of seven volumes, and was the founding Editor-in-Chief of the journal, Women's Health: Research on Gender, Behavior and Policy. She currently serves as Associate Editor of the Annals of Behavioral Medicine and she served as President of the Division of Health Psychology of APA in 2004-2005. Jerome Singer was Emeritus Professor, Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences until his death on April 21, 2010. As Chairman of this Department from 1974-1999, he founded one of the first health psychology departments and, with Andrew Baum, one of the first health psychology doctoral programs in the U.S. Dr. Singer received numerous honors, including an honorary doctoral degree from the University of Stockholm and the Award for Outstanding Contributions to Health Psychology from the Division of Health Psychology of APA. He served as President of the Division of Health Psychology in 1981-1982.
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.87Trending at £25.24
- £15.74Trending at £23.03
- £10.61Trending at £11.24
- £16.97Trending at £19.99
- £12.92Trending at £19.03
- £7.98Trending at £8.61
- £6.50Trending at £6.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.