All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an encyclopaedic overview of major topics associated with vocalization from molecular/cellular level to behavior and cognitive processing. This handbook features sections that explain bioacoustic structure of vocalizations as well as present origins of the complex semiotic/semantic content of vocalizations in social mammals.
- Author BiographyDr. Brudzynski is professor in the Department of Psychology and the Department of Biological Sciences at Brock University, and is a member and former director of the university's Centre for Neuroscience. He has published more than 70 journal publications on vocalization and the expression of emotionality and was the first researcher to demonstrate ultrasonic vocalization in rats induced by pharmacological methods. He is the editor of Handbook of Mammalian Vocalization, published by Elsevier in 2009, and recipient of numerous accolades, including the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award bestowed by the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society in 2014.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2009
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleHandbook of Behavioral Neuroscience
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1724 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byStefan M. Brudzynski
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.