All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Nancy L. Lough,William A. Sutton
- PublisherFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- GenreSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationMorgantown, WV
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width180 mm
- Height255 mm
- Author BiographyNancy L. Lough, EdD, is a professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She teaches in the Higher Education Leadership program in the College of Education. She provides leadership for the sport administration concentration and directs both masters and doctoral degree programs. She teaches sport marketing, leadership development, governance, and sport in higher education. Previously she taught courses in consumer behavior, sport business, and women in sport. Her areas of expertise include marketing womens sport, corporate sponsorship of sport, leadership in college athletics, gender equity, Title IX, and work life balance in sport. Loughs recent research examines antecedents for professional advancement in athletic administration, exploration of work-life balance policies affecting institutional climate, sponsorship valuation and enhancement for womens sporting events, marketing and media influence on the success of womens sport properties, and the use of social marketing to promote social change through sport. Lough has extensive experience in college sport inclusive of both NCAA Division I and II programs in California, Texas, and Colorado. She has served as a consultant for professional sport organizations such as the LPGA, and for amateur sport organizations such as the Native American Sports Council, the New Mexico Sports Commission, and the Nevada Interscholastic Athletics Association. As a consultant, Lough assists with evaluation and strategic planning to ac William A. Sutton, EdD, is s professor and associate department head on the faculty of the DeVos Sport Business Management Graduate Program at the University of Central Florida. He teaches sport marketing and sales and promotional management in sport and serves as the internship coordinator for the program. Sutton is also the founder and principal of Bill Sutton & Associates, a consulting firm specializing in strategic marketing and revenue enhancement. Suttons consultation work has spanned the industry, working with professional leagues, teams, organizations, brands, universities, agencies, and facilities. His consulting clients include the NBA, WNBA, NHL, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, MSG Sports, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Cleveland Cavaliers. He is the co-creator and architect of the innovative and groundbreaking Sports Sales Combine. CNBC.com hailed the Sports Sales Combine, a careers concept inspired by the NFL Draft Combine, as potentially the next great idea in sports marketing. Sutton employs a hybrid approach, influenced heavily by his wide-ranging work experiences; including tenures at sports marketing agencies, professional leagues, and nationally acclaimed sport management programs. Prior to assuming his current positions, Sutton served as Vice President, Team Marketing and Business Operations for the National Basketball Association. In this capacity, Sutton assisted NBA teams with marketing related functions such as sales, promotional activities, market research,
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.