Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.32
- £14.58Trending at £20.77
- £14.07Trending at £15.02
- £10.50Trending at £14.30
- £10.82Trending at £13.53
- £16.99Trending at £17.15
- £9.85Trending at £10.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1849, news of the discovery of gold in California triggered an enormous wave of emigration toward the Pacific. Lured by the promise of riches, thousands of settlers left behind the forests, rain, and fertile soil of the eastern United States in favor of the rough-hewn lands of the American West. This title brings their perspective to life.
- Author BiographyKeith Heyer Meldahl is professor of geology and oceanography at MiraCosta College in California.
- Author(s)Keith Heyer Meldahl
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication09/11/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note89 halftones, 10 line drawings
- Weight652 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.