All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on further developments of the theory, including the study of two operator classes: operators whose powers do not converge strongly to zero, and operators whose functional calculus is not injective.
- Author BiographyBela Szokefalvi-Nagy (1913-1998) was a famed mathematician for his work in functional analysis and operator theory. He was the recipient of the Lomonosov Medal in 1979. Ciprian Ilie Foias is currently a distinguished professor in the department of mathematics at Texas A&M University in College Station. He is well known for his work in operator theory, infinite dimensional dynamical systems, ergodic theory, as well as applications in such diverse fields as control theory, mathematical biology and mathematical economics. Among many other honors, Foias was awarded the Norbert Wiener Prize in applied Mathematics in 1995. Hari Bercovici is currently a professor of mathematics at Indiana University. He works in operator theory and function theory. Laszlo Kerchy is the director of the Bolyai Institute at Szeged University. He made important contributions to operator theory, many of them represented in this monograph.
- Author(s)Bela SZ -Nagy,Ciprian Foias,Hari Bercovici,Laszlo Kerchy
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2010
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.