All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.94Trending at £10.35
- £16.94Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £5.95Trending at £6.99
- £13.65Trending at £13.84
- £8.97Trending at £9.99
- £14.72Trending at £15.28
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescent wizard-in-training Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts for another year of schooling and learns more about the dark past of the boy who grew up to become Lord Voldemort in this, the sixth instalment of the film series that originated from the writings of author J.K. Rowling. There was a time when Hogwarts was thought of as a safe haven, but thanks to Voldemort's tightening grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds, that simply isn't the case anymore. Suspecting that the castle may even harbour an outright threat, Harry finds his investigation into the matter sidelined by Dumbledore's attempts to prepare him for the monumental battle looming ever closer on the horizon. In order to discover the key to Voldemort's defences, Dumbledore enlists the aid of resourceful yet unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, who may have a clue as to their enemy's Achilles' heel. Meanwhile, teenage hormones cause the students at Hogwarts to lose focus on their true mission. As Harry and Dean Thomas clash for the affections of the lovely Ginny, Romilda Vane attempts to woo Ron away from Lavender Brown with some particularly tasty chocolates. Even Hermione isn't immune from the love bug, though she tries her hardest to suppress her growing jealousy and keep her emotions bottled up. But there is one student who remains completely aloof from the romance blossoming all around, and he intends to leave a dark impression on his classmates. With tragedy looming ever closer, it begins to appear as if peace will prove elusive in Hogwarts for some time to come.
- Leading Role 1Helena Bonham-Carter
- Director 1David Yates
- Leading Role 2Daniel Radcliffe
- Leading Role 3Alan Rickman
- Additional Roles byMaggie Smith,David Bradley,Robbie Coltrane,Timothy Spall,Warwick Davis,Michael Gambon,Jim Broadbent,David Thewlis,Helen McCrory,Tom Felton,Rupert Grint,Emma Watson,Hero Fiennes Tiffin
- ProducerDavid Barron,David Heyman
- ScreenwriterSteve Kloves
- Score ComposerNicholas Hooper
- AuthorJ.K. Rowling
- EditorMark Day
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2009
- Running Time153 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- danieltharvey8604 Dec, 2011by
excellent for a family movie night
excellent film better then the rest and great for the family movie night!! My kids love it and its not very often you get a movie thats as good as the book but this is. You could watch it over and over again.
- superboyim02 Aug, 2011by
AN AWESOME MOVIE! :)
Harry potter and the half-blood prince is an exceptional film. i brought this product because i wanted to be able to watch a film before the final film. NOTHING to dislike about this film
- 2011junkymonkey27 Jul, 2011by
i love harry potter :) this film is a key part in the story u will be lost if u dont watch it :) its a bit teary my son did have a tear or 2 i found this film was a tad more darker/evil compared to the rest cant wait to see deathly hallows ;)
- tinxfoowinkle15 Jul, 2011by
Another lot of thrills & spellbinding stories. Must watch.
As with all the other Harry Potter films - GREAT. Its been well worth watching another film & seeing the characters growing into young adults in this 6th film of the series. The films are getting darker & more intense & the scenes are more thrilling than ever. Seeing the demise of Dumbledore is an end of a great character but Snape has upped the anti & making Harry's life more uncomfortable. Will he or won't he get his comeuppance. Roll on the Deathly Hallows part 1.
- wozzal8114 Jul, 2011by
great film would recomend giving it a watch well worth the money!
I loved this film! its a great harry potter film! allthough be prepared to shed a tear at the ending!