All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note193 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables
- Weight1542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byChandan K. Reddy,Charu C. Aggarwal
- Table Of ContentsAn Introduction to Healthcare Data Analytics; Chandan K. Reddy and Charu C. Aggarwal Introduction Healthcare Data Sources and Basic Analytics Advanced Data Analytics for Healthcare Applications and Practical Systems for Healthcare Resources for Healthcare Data Analytics Conclusions HEALTHCARE DATA SOURCES AND BASIC ANALYTICS Electronic Health Records: A Survey; Rajiur Rahman and Chandan K. Reddy Introduction History of EHR Components of HER Coding Systems Benefits of EHR Barriers to Adopting EHR Challenges of Using EHR Data Phenotyping Algorithms Conclusions Biomedical Image Analysis; Dirk Padfield, Paulo Mendonca, and Sandeep Gupta Introduction Biomedical Imaging Modalities Object Detection Image Segmentation Image Registration Feature Extraction Conclusion and Future Work Mining of Sensor Data in Healthcare: A Survey; Daby Sow, Kiran K. Turaga, Deepak S. Turaga, and Michael Schmidt Introduction Mining Sensor Data in Medical Informatics: Scope and Challenges Challenges in Healthcare Data Analysis Sensor Data Mining Applications Nonclinical Healthcare Applications Summary and Concluding Remarks Biomedical Signal Analysis; Abhijit Patil, Rajesh Langoju, Suresh Joel, Bhushan D. Patil, and Sahika Genc Introduction Types of Biomedical Signals ECG Signal Analysis. Denoising of Signals Multivariate Biomedical Signal Analysis Cross-Correlation Analysis Recent Trends in Biomedical Signal Analysis Discussions Genomic Data Analysis for Personalized Medicine; Juan Cui Introduction Genomic Data Generation Methods and Standards for Genomic Data Analysis Types of Computational Genomics Studies towards Personalized Medicine Genetic and Genomic Studies to theBedside of Personalized Medicine Concluding Remarks Natural Language Processing and Data Mining for Clinical Text; Kalpana Raja and Siddhartha R. Jonnalagadda Introduction Natural Language Processing Mining Information from Clinical Text Challenges of Processing Clinical Reports Clinical Applications Conclusions Mining the Biomedical Literature; Claudiu Mihaila, Riza Batista-Navarro, Noha Alnazzawi, Georgios Kontonatsios, Ioannis Korkontzelos, Rafal Rak, Paul Thompson, and Sophia Ananiadou Introduction Resources Terminology Acquisition and Management InformationExtraction Discourse Interpretation Text Mining Environments Applications Integration with Clinical Text Mining Conclusions Social Media Analytics for Healthcare; Alexander Kotov Introduction Social Media Analysis for Detection and Tracking of Infectious Disease Social Media Analysis for Public Health Research Analysis of Social Media Use in Healthcare Conclusions and Future Directions ADVANCED DATA ANALYTICS FOR HEALTHCARE A Review of Clinical Prediction Models; Chandan K. Reddy and Yan Li Introduction Basic Statistical Prediction Models Alternative Clinical Prediction Models Survival Models Evaluation and Validation Conclusion Temporal Data Mining for Healthcare Data; Iyad Batal Introduction Association Analysis Temporal Pattern Mining Sensor Data Analysis Other Temporal Modeling Methods Resources Summary Visual Analytics for Healthcare; David Gotz, Jesus Caban, and Annie T. Chen Introduction Introduction to Visual Analytics and Medical Data Visualization Visual Analytics in Healthcare Conclusion Predictive Models for Integrating Clinical and Genomic Data; Sanjoy Dey, Rohit Gupta, Michael Steinbach, and Vipin Kumar Introduction Issues and Challenges in Integrating Clinical and Genomic Data Different Types of Integration Different Goals of Integrative Studies Validation Discussion and Future Work Information Retrieval for Healthcare; William R. Hersh Introduction Knowledge-Based Information in Healthcare and Biomedicine Content of Knowledge-Based Information Resources Indexing Retrieval Evaluation Research Directions Conclusion Privacy-Preserving Data Publishing Methods in Healthcare; Yubin Park and Joydeep Ghosh Introduction Data Overview and Preprocessing Privacy-Preserving Publishing Methods Challenges with He
- Author BiographyChandan K. Reddy is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Wayne State University. He received his PhD from Cornell University and MS from Michigan State University. His primary research interests are in the areas of data mining and machine learning with applications to healthcare, bioinformatics, and social network analysis. His research is funded by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, Department of Transportation, and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation. He has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles in leading conferences and journals. He received the Best Application Paper Award at the ACM SIGKDD conference in 2010 and was a finalist of the INFORMS Franz Edelman Award Competition in 2011. He is a senior member of IEEE and a life member of ACM. Charu C. Aggarwal is a Distinguished Research Staff Member (DRSM) at the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York. He completed his BS from IIT Kanpur in 1993 and his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1996. He has published more than 250 papers in refereed conferences and journals, and has applied for or been granted more than 80 patents. He is an author or editor of 13 books, including the first comprehensive book on outlier analysis. Because of the commercial value of his patents, he has thrice been designated a Master Inventor at IBM. He is a recipient of an IBM Corporate Award (2003) for his work on bioterrorist threat detection in data streams, a recipient of the IBM Outstanding Innovation Award (2008) for his scientific contributions to privacy technology, a recipient of the IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (2009) for his work on data streams, and a recipient of an IBM Research Division Award (2008) for his contributions to System S. He also received the EDBT 2014 Test of Time Award for his work on condensation-based privacy-preserving data mining. He has served as conference chair and associate editor at many reputed conferences and journals in data mining, general co-chair of the IEEE Big Data Conference (2014), and is editor-in-chief of the ACM SIGKDD Explorations. He is a fellow of the ACM and the IEEE, for contributions to knowledge discovery and data mining algorithms.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.