All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistory has tended to be dominated by visual images, but the past was not silent. These essays explore attempts to access the sounds of the past, called historical acoustemology, auditory culture, or aural history. Hearing History is an introduction to an exciting new field of historical study.
- Author BiographyMark M. Smith is a professor of history at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. His books include Listening to Nineteenth-Century America.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note4 b&w photographs, 2 tables
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMark M. Smith
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
- £9.54Trending at £11.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.