All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on more than 300 Hebrew roots, the author shows that Jewish thought employs Hebrew concepts and categories that are altogether distinct from those that characterize the Western speculative tradition. Among the key categories that shape Jewish thought are holiness, divinity, humanity, prayer, exile, dwelling, gratitude, and language itself.
- Author BiographyDavid Patterson holds the Bornblum Chair in Judaic Studies at the University of Memphis. He has written numerous books on Jewish thought, Holocaust studies, and other topics. He received the Koret Jewish Book Award for his study of Holocaust diaries Along the Edge of Annihilation (1999).
- Author(s)David Patterson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2005
- Series TitleRoutledge Jewish Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.