All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's no secret that stock market performance over recent years has been disappointing, to say the least - or abysmal, to be more realistic. And when the markets go down, mutual funds go down with them.
- Author BiographyPeter Beck is a well-known financial expert and President of Swift Trade Securities, Canada's leading direct-access trading firm. A true entrepreneur, Peter started his colourful career as a chef in Hungary. He immigrated to Canada in 1979 where he started a number of successful businesses, including the country's first long distance company in 1988, competing directly with Bell Canada. When he sold the company in 1993, there were offices coast to coast making it one of the leaders in the industry. In 1997 Peter read an article about a US Day Trading firm and decided to bring the concept to Canada. In just four years, Swift Trade Securities grew from one office to 10 across Canada, used by over 400 full-time traders. Swift Trade Securities remains Canada's premier Direct Access Electronic Trading Centre, and today operates 38 offices around the globe with a further 25 slated to open in 2005. The company was named #2 on Profit Magazine's 100 Fastest Growing Canadian Companies list for a remarkable 5-year growth of almost 9000%. Mr. Beck has been featured in media across the country, including The Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, CTV News, ROB TV and Canadian Business. He regularly appears on television to offer commentary on the US markets. He is also co-author of the best selling book Canadian Income Funds. Miklos Nagy is President and CEO of Quadrexx Asset Management Inc., a hedge fund company. He is also Chairman and co-founder of Canadian Hedge Watch Inc., a Toronto based publishing, research and educational firm focusing on the hedge fund industry. Mr. Nagy has 18 years of financial industry experience in Canada in senior positions advising high and medium net-worth clients and conducting financial research. Mr. Nagy studied Math and Computer Science in Hungary and graduated with a B.Sc.(Hons.) degree from the University of Toronto in Economics and Statistics. He holds the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and CFP (Certified Financial Planner) professional designations. A leading authority on alternative investments and hedge funds in Canada, Mr. Nagy has been featured extensively on national television and in newspapers speaking about hedge funds. He has been a major contributor to the new investment designation course CHAIP (Chartered Alternative Investment Planner). He has also been a speaker at financial seminars and conferences for numerous organizations around the world. He is a member of the CFA Institute, the Toronto CFA Society and a founding member of the Hungarian Society of Investment Professionals, Budapest.
- Author(s)Miklos Nagy,Peter Beck
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2006
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width185 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.87
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.50Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
- £10.31Trending at £11.47
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.