All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite being enveloped within the huge metropolis of Cairo, and factors such as rapid development, overpopulation, and increasing traffic, Heliopolis has retained much of its original character and charm. This illustrated book introduces the reader to the history and development of Heliopolis through its architecture and its inhabitants.
- Author BiographyAgnieszka Dobrowolska is a long-term resident of Heliopolis and the author of Muhammad'Ali Pasha and His Sabil (with Khaled Fahmy, AUC Press, 2004) and The Building Crafts of Cairo (AUC Press, 2005). Jaroslaw Dobrowolski is an architect and the author of The Living Stones of Cairo (AUC Press, 2001).
- Author(s)Agnieszka Dobrowolska
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note150 illustrations incl. 100 in colour
- Weight875 g
- Width201 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byJaroslaw Dobrowolski
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £14.34Trending at £14.70
- £7.45Trending at £7.87
- £23.91Trending at £29.75
- £36.27Trending at £37.49
- £9.75Trending at £12.17
- £28.91Trending at £37.45
- £16.90Trending at £27.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.