All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese ten Lives trace the history of Hellenistic Greece from the rise of Macedon and Alexander's conquest of the Persian empire to the arrival of the Romans. Plutarch's biographies of eminent politicians, rulers, and soldiers combine vivid portraits with a wealth of historical information.
- Author BiographyRobin Waterfield is a writer, living in Greece. His previous translations for Oxford World's Classics include Plato's Republic and five other editions of Plato's dialogues, Aristotle's Physics, Herodotus' Histories, Polybius' Histories, Plutarch's Greek Lives and Roman Lives, Euripides' Orestes and Other Plays and Heracles and Other Plays, Xenophon's The Expedition of Cyrus, Demosthenes' Selected Speeches and The First Philosophers: The PreSocratics and the Sophists. He is the author of Dividing the Spoils: The War for Alexander the Great's Empire (Oxford, 2011). Andrew Erskine is the author of The Hellenistic Stoa: Political Thought and Action (Duckworth/Bristol Classical Presss 1990, 2011), Troy between Greece and Rome: Local Tradition and Imperial Power (Oxford, 2001), and Roman Imperialism (Edinburgh UP, 2009). He has edited a number of books including A Companion to the Hellenistic World (Wiley-Blackwell, 2003). He is a general editor of the Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Ancient History (2012).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight396 g
- Width140 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byRobin Waterfield
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.