CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £26.42Trending at £28.98
- £8.80Trending at £9.40
- £27.76Trending at £30.18
- £12.78Trending at £17.99
- £6.00Trending at £8.95
- £23.93Trending at £24.64
- £10.49Trending at £10.96
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting an integrative model for treating traumatized children, this book combines play, art, and other expressive therapies with ideas and strategies drawn from cognitive-behavioral and family therapy. It demonstrates how to tailor treatment to the needs of each child by using both directive and nondirective approaches.
- Author BiographyEliana Gil, PhD, is founding partner in a private group practice, the Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery and Education, in Fairfax, Virginia. She is also Director of Starbright Training Institute for Child and Family Play Therapy. Dr. Gil has worked in the field of child abuse prevention and treatment since 1973. A licensed marriage, family, and child counselor; an approved marriage and family therapy supervisor; a registered art therapist; and a registered play therapy supervisor, she is a former President of the Association for Play Therapy, which honored her with its Lifetime Achievement Award. She is the author of The Healing Power of Play, Helping Abused and Traumatized Children, and Play in Family Therapy, Second Edition, among many other publications. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, Dr. Gil is bilingual and bicultural.
- Author(s)Eliana Gil
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byJohn Briere
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.