All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJeffrey A. Kottler,Jon Carlson,Matt Englar-Carlson
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Re-Visioning Clinical Practice Kottler, The Power of Transcendent Empathy: Empowering Lower Caste Girls in Nepal. Doherty, The Citizen Therapist and Social Change. Part II: The Dreamers: What Change Could Be Gold, When Work is Not Enough: Searching for Greater Satisfaction and Meaning. Brew, Marginalized No More. Sheer, A Wannabe Therapist's Journey to Make a Difference. Sibbing, Social Justice and the Part-Time Counselor. Part III: Community Action Bosch, Cervantes, Sacred Advocacy: Assisting At-Risk Boys and Girls to Find Meaning in Violent, Unjust Communities. Walker, Real-Life Social Action in the Community. Monk, Walking the Tight Rope of Change: Building Trust and in a Diverse Urban Community. Stout, Stout, Two Roads Leading to One. Pyles, Moving beyond the Professional Response to Gender-Based Violence: Community Organizing with Women Survivors. Yznaga, I am Your Future, You are My Past: Reaching Back to Move Forward. Bethea, A Call from My Ancestors: Honor, Responsibility, Commitment, Reciprocity, Propriety, and the Illumination of the Human Spirit. Codrington, When Your Liberation is Tied-Up with Mine: Social Justice Work as a Tool for Resistance, Empowerment, and Nation Building for African Descended Peoples. Ellis, No One Gets Left Behind. Bemak, Counselors without Borders: Community Action in Counseling. Part IV: Global Outreach Emavardhana, Life Task in a Life Time. Edwards, Rodriquez, Counseling Internationally: Caring for the Caregiver. Norsworthy, Khuankaew, Feminist Border Crossings: Our Transnational Partnership in Peace and Justice Work. DeLoach, Bon Kouraj: Learning Courage through Service. West-Olantunji, Kicking and Screaming: My Social Action Journey. Guay, Please Do Not Forget Me Nepal. Part V: Closure and Reflection Kottler, Twenty Intensely Personal Motives for Involvement in Social Justice Projects: Saving the World or Saving Myself? Carlson, A Life Devoted to Service. Englar-Carlson, Paying for Our Place in the World: A Reflection on the Personal Meaning of this Book and Its Stories.
- Author BiographyJeffrey A. Kottler, PhD, is Professor of Counseling at California State University, Fullerton, and the author of over 80 books. He is the founder and CEO of the Empower Nepali Girls foundation. Matt Englar-Carlson, PhD, is Professor of Counseling and the Co-Director of the Center for Boys and Men at California State University, Fullerton. Jon Carlson, PsyD, EdD, is Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Counseling at Governors State University, University Park, Illinois and a psychologist with the Wellness Clinic in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.