All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £13.39Trending at £13.77
- £4.41Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £28.17
- £8.94Trending at £9.26
- £22.98Trending at £25.49
- £14.54Trending at £15.20
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleStudies in Soviet Science (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byE. A. Luriya
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
- Table Of ContentsThe Study of Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues in Tissue Culture.- The Development of Tissue Culture Methods.- I. Hematopoietic Tissue In Vitro.- 1. Hematopoietic Tissue in Plasma Clot Culture.- 2. Monolayer Cultures of Hematopoietic Tissue.- 3. Suspension Cultures of Hematopoietic Tissue.- 4. Formation of Hematopoietic Foci in Agar Cultures.- 5. Organ Cultures of Hematopoietic Tissue.- Embryonic Liver.- Bone Marrow.- 6. A Comparative Assessment of the Various Methods of Hematopoietic Tissue Culture.- Duration of Hematopoiesis.- Myelopoiesis.- Erythropoiesis.- 7. Factors That Influence Differentiation of Hematopoietic Tissue In Vitro.- II. Possibilities of Differentiation of Cells Grown in Hematopoietic Tissue Cultures on Retransplantation In Vivo.- III. Lymphoid Tissue In Vitro.- 1. Lymphoid Tissue Explanted in a Plasma Clot.- Spleen.- Lymph Nodes.- Thymus.- Cells of the Peripheral Blood and Lymph.- 2. Monolayer Cultures of Lymphoid Tissue and Peripheral Blood Cells.- 3. Suspension Cultures of Lymphoid Tissue and Peripheral Blood Cells.- 4. Organ Cultures of Lymphoid Tissue.- Thymus.- Lymph Nodes.- 5. Comparison of Various Methods of Lymphoid Tissue Culture.- The Behavior of Lymphocytes.- Cell Transformations.- The Process of Regeneration.- Formation of Structures Characteristic of Interaction Between Lymphocytes and Stromal Cells.- IV. Immunological Functions of Lymphoid Tissue In Vitro.- 1. The Process of Antibody Formation.- Basic Mechanisms of Antibody Formation In Vivo and Aims of Research into This Process In Vitro.- Secondary Antibody Synthesis In Vitro.- Primary Antibody Synthesis In Vitro.- 2. The Delayed Hypersensitivity Reaction In Vitro.- Basic Mechanisms of the Delayed Hypersensitivity Reaction In Vivo and Aims of Research into This Process In Vitro.- Blast-Transformation, Recognition of Antigens, and the Cellular Immune Response In Vitro.- In Vitro Destruction of Target Cells by Lymphocytes from Preimmunized Donors.- Inhibition of Macrophage Migration.- The Simonsen Phenomenon.- Immunological Tolerance.- Conclusion.- V. Cell Lines in Lymphoid and Hematopoietic Tissue.- Conclusion.- Appendix. Recent Experience in Monolayer and Organ Cultures of Hematopoietic Tissue - E. A. Luriya and A. Ya. Fridenshtein.- 1. The Technique of Cloning Fibroblasts in Monolayer Cultures of Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Cells and Its Use to Study Stromal Precursor Cells.- 2. The Method of Multiple Organ Cultures of Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissue.- References.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.