All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1866, by Henry Bergh, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) was the nation's first animal welfare organization. This title recounts how, after Bergh's death, the ASPCA's mission to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals drew committed men and women to continue the work.
- Author BiographyMarion S. Lane is Special Projects Editor in the National Program Office of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The former editor of ASPCA Animal Watch and Pure-Bred Dogs/American Kennel Gazette, she has written dozens of personal essays and feature articles on pets as well as four nonfiction books on dogs. She is the recipient of awards for both writing and editing from the Dog Writers Association of America, the Society of National Association Publications and folio: magazine. Stephen L. Zawistowski is Executive Vice President and Science Advisor of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, where he currently oversees the ASPCA's National Programs. Dr. Z. is a certified applied animal behaviorist who chairs the Animal Behavior Society's Board of Professional Certification and is a frequent speaker on animal behavior, the history of sheltering, humane education, and the use of statistics in program management. A founding editor of the Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science, Adjunct Professor of clinical medicine at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, and member of National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council Committees to review the National Zoo and revise guidelines on distress in laboratory animals, he also co-edited Shelter Medicine for Veterinarians and Staff.
- Author(s)Marion S. Lane,Stephen L. Zawistowski
- Date of Publication30/12/2007
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.