All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains two novels by Catherine Cookson: Heritage of Folly and The Fen Tiger .
- Author BiographyCatherine Cookson was born in Tyne Dock, the illegitimate daughter of a poverty-stricken woman, Kate, whom she believed to be her older sister. She began work in service but eventually moved south to Hastings, where she met and married Tom Cookson, a local grammar-school master. Although she was originally acclaimed as a regional writer - her novel The Round Tower won the Winifred Holtby Award for the best regional novel of 1968 - her readership quickly spread throughout the world, and her many best-selling novels established her as one of the most popular of contemporary women novelists. After receiving an OBE in 1985, Catherine Cookson was created a Dame of the British Empire in 1993. She was appointed an Honorary Fellow of St Hilda's College, Oxford, in 1997. For many years she lived near Newcastle upon Tyne. She died shortly before her ninety-second birthday, in June 1998.
- Author(s)Catherine Cookson,Catherine Cookson Charitable Trust
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- GenreRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight280 g
- Width106 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Romance & Sagas
Save on Romance & Sagas
- £4.47Trending at £5.59
- £4.34Trending at £6.29
- £4.22Trending at £8.04
- £10.32Trending at £10.59
- £4.55Trending at £7.12
- £5.95Trending at £6.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.