All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work analyzes by subgenre the ways in which Restoration playwrights attempted to reinscribe feudal aristocratic ideology after the English Civil War. It demonstrates, for example, how heroic romance and romantic tragedy reaffirm the older ideology after it was tested in the fires of conflict.
- Author BiographyJ. Douglas Canfield, Regents' Professor of English at the University of Arizona, is author of Tricksters and Estates: On the Ideology of Restoration Comedy.
- Author(s)Douglas J. Canfield
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.06Trending at £8.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.