Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.22Trending at £10.93
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.23
- £18.09Trending at £19.11
- £15.21Trending at £18.57
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussing objects with variability timescales as short as years, months, days and hours, down to milli-seconds, this book describes and derives the physical processes of astrophysics and studies objects in which high-energy astrophysics processes are crucial.
- Author BiographyThierry Courvoisier is professor for astronomy at the Department of Astronomy of the University of Geneva and director of the ISDC, Data Centre for Astrophysics. He made pioneering contributions to the research on quasars and their accretion flows, most notably on 3C 273. Prof. Courvoisier is the President of the European Astronomical Society, President of the Swiss Academy of Sciences, and Editor-in-Chief of the journal The Astronomy and Astrophysics Review . He has been teaching courses on high-energy astrophysics at the University of Geneva since the the early 1990s. Thierry is a keen sailor and crossed the Atlantic twice on his boat Ceres.
- Author(s)Theirry J. -L. Courvoisier
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight684 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.