Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive introduction to high transverse momentum reactions at hadron colliders, for graduate students.
- Author BiographyDAN GREEN received his Ph.D. from the University of Rochester in 1969. He held a post-doctoral position at Stony Brook from 1969 to 1972 and worked for a time at the Intersecting Storage Rings (ISR) at CERN. His next appointment was as an Assistant Professor at Carnegie Mellon University from 1972 to 1978 during which time he was also Spokesperson of a BNL Baryonium Experiment. He has been a Staff Scientist at Fermilab from 1979 to the present, and has worked in a wide variety of roles on experiments both at Fermilab and elsewhere. He participated in the D0 Experiment as Muon Group Leader from 1982 to 1990 and as B Physics Group Co-Convener from 1990 to 1994. He led the US compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) Collaboration as Spokesperson and then Project Manager for the US groups working at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. At Fermilab, he was Physics Department Deputy Head from 1984 to 1986 and Head from 1986 to 1990. From 1993 to the present he has served as the CMS Department Head in the Particle Physics Division.
- Author(s)Dan Green
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2009
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics & Cosmology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 22
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note196 line figures 3 tables 98 exercises
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.