All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed and comprehensive resource, outlining the high impact, research-based strategies proven to increase student achievement.
- Author BiographySee Avis's Presenter Profile Here! Dr. Avis Glaze is known as an international leader in the field of education. As one of Canada's outstanding educators, she has won many awards for her work in areas such as leadership development, student achievement, school and system improvement, character development and equity of student outcomes. She was a Commissioner on Ontario's Royal Commission on Learning, influencing the direction of education in that province. As Ontario's first Chief Student Achievement Officer and founding CEO of the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat, she played a pivotal role in improving student achievement in Ontario schools. Dr. Glaze has been a tireless advocate for both excellence and equity in education. She is passionate about the enhancement of public education and believes that educators play a fundamental role in sustaining democracy. Her major assertion, based on her experience as a leader in Ontario's literacy and numeracy strategy implementation, is that educators have both the will and the skill to improve education. For her, capacity building is at the heart of school improvement. Dr. Glaze served as Ontario's Education Commissioner and Senior Adviser to the Ontario Minister of Education and as Professor in Residence in the Faculty of Education at the University of Otawa. Currently, she is President of Edu-quest International Inc. offering a wide range of educational services across the globe. She continues to motivate and inspire educators through speaking engagements and by consulting with school districts, non-profit organizations and businesses to maximize talent and achieve results. Recently, she was appointed as Adviser to the Minister of Education in New Zealand. Learn more about Ruth Mattingley's PD offerings Ruth Mattingley has provided leadership in education provincially, nationally and internationally. She has been a key note speaker and workshop leader in the areas of leadership development, school and district improvement planning, improving student achievement, special education and a range of other topics. Ruth has worked effectively with school districts and schools across Ontario, acting as a critical friend to support clients in identifying their strengths, areas in need of further development and strategies to achieve their improvement goals. Ruth began her career as an elementary school teacher with the Lambton County Board of Education. She has taught primary, junior, and intermediate grades as well as special education. She has experience as an elementary school administrator in both urban and rural settings. In 1995 she was appointed superintendent of education and held that role within the Lambton Kent District School Board for 12 years. In addition to supervising elementary and secondary schools she has had responsibility for a range of district portfolios including special education, curriculum development and implementation, teacher professional development and leadership development. Ruth joined the Ontario Ministry of Education in 2005 as Senior Executive Officer of the newly created Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat. In this role Ruth worked closely with Ontario's Chief Student Achievement Officer, Dr. Avis Glaze, to develop Ontario's provincial strategy for improving achievement in literacy and numeracy for elementary school students.
- Author(s)Avis E. Glaze,Rob Andrews,Ruth E. Mattingly
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.98Trending at £16.72
- £15.32Trending at £16.25
- £15.40Trending at £16.63
- £6.30Trending at £6.54
- £10.89Trending at £12.08
- £12.14Trending at £12.38
- £9.98Trending at £11.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.