All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide details 40 of the very best hiking trails throughout the Ozarks. Spanning Oklahoma, Illinois, Arkansas, and Missouri, the guide provides trails for every type of hiker, from easy flat trails to miles-long excursions.
- Author BiographyJD Tanner and Emily Ressler Tanner met in the Midwest and have spent much of their adulthood traveling back and forth across the United States. Their educational backgrounds are in outdoor recreation and education, and they have over 20 years of combined outdoor education experience. Before becoming authors for Falcon Guides, they spent three years promoting responsible outdoor recreation as part of the educational traveling program known as the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers. This opportunity gave them the chance to explore all of the lower 48 states and work with a wide range of outdoor enthusiasts. Logging over 700 nights in a tent during that time, they visited almost 50 National Parks as they climbed, hiked, biked, and paddled throughout the United States. They served as revisers for Hiking Grand Staircase-Escalante & the Glen Canyon Region and are authors of Best Easy Day Hikes St. Louis, Best Easy Day Hikes Missouri Ozarks, and Hiking Ozarks (all FalconGuides). JD is the Director of Recreation at San Juan College in Farmington, New Mexico, and Emily is the Physical Education and Outdoor Recreation Instructor at San Juan College. Their shared love of wild places and their commitment to environmental education has provided them with the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life. When the two are not off teaching a course you might find them searching for state highpoints, planning their next big adventure, or hitting the trail for FalconGuides.
- Author(s)Emily Ressler-Tanner,Jd Tanner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleRegional Hiking Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight28 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.